Friday, February 12, 2010

Believe That 'Each Of Us Has Our Own Truth'?


You can't be a follower of Jesus and believe that 'each of us has our own truth'.

If you believe this, you are like the sleeping crew of a ship that has lost its anchor.  You are drifting, unaware, and have no idea where you really are!

'Truth' is one of the most basic, fundamental principles in life!  Truth, absolute truth, exists--and there is only one truth!!  God is the author and embodiment of truth.  The Bible is the portion of the truth that He has chosen to reveal to mankind, to guide us through our lives on Earth.

For years, Satan attacked one truth after another, yet he only succeeded in deceiving some of the people each time.  But his plan calls for everyone to believe him (and to eliminate the ones that don't.)  Now the hour is late, and his time is running out.

He couldn't conquer truth itself, so it is no wonder that he has finally decided to attack and subvert the very concept and definition of truth!

I don't even know how to address this one--it's completely absurd. 

We live in a world where common sense has all but died, and where people think reality is just a creation of their own imagination.  They believe that if they change their thinking they can change reality . . . that if they deny something, it will lose its power to exist . . . that if more people, who desire the same reality, will join together, they will have more power to make it exist . . . that people who don't desire the same reality will hinder their efforts.  (This is why they will first ignore 'the opposition', but when that doesn't work will feel they must eliminate it.)

I'm not a philosopher.  I can't contort my mind through the mental gymnastics that are necessary to understand this way of thinking.  All I can say is that I know they are wrong, because I have found truth.  Not just my truth, THE truth.  It exists.  It proves itself.  It remains constant.  It povides a sturdy anchor.  It doesn't conform to me or my opinions--rather, it causes me to change and conform my opinions to it. 

When I found THE truth, it was very different from the opinions I held as MY truth. Yet, when I put them in the ring together, THE truth won every round!

You can live in an alternate reality if you choose (we used to call that 'insanity' . . .).  You can define truth for yourself, and occupy your mind with the complex mental contortions of philosophy--but not if you are a follower of Jesus.  And, whether you are or not, someday you will come face to face with THE truth.  It will reveal itself and your eyes will be opened.  Hopefully, for you, the day that happens will not be judgment day.